We have a new Master Scheduler module that’s coming into Private Beta. For the time being, this module is only available by request. Once the module is ready for prime-time, it will be made available on the QuickSchools App Store.
Unlike our existing “Scheduling” module, which is designed more for elementary schools, the new “Master Scheduler” module is modelled after a High School schedule. Here’s a sample screenshot:
With this new Master Scheduler module, you can expect the following features:
- Manage a master list of courses for your group/district
- Manage your course offering by site and/or by academic term.
- Create course requests before the start of the academic term.
- Course requests can be created in bulk, like course packets
- You can also allow students to requests courses via the Student Portal
- Allow counselors to manage/edit course requests and alternates for their students
- Plan out sections based on target class sizes and course requests (Step 4: Schedule).
- Use our interactive UI to assign sections to periods and teachers
- Assign students to sections based on course requests and available sections (Step 5: Load)
- Allow counselors to change section assignments for their students
- Once sections are finalized, generate all sections and enrollments to the designated academic term
- Generate reports throughout every stage of the scheduling process
Schedule: Assign sections to periods
A key aspect of the QuickSchools Master Scheduler, is our interactive interface, where you can drag and drop sections into periods. The system calculates the ideal number of sections per course based on target section sizes and the number of course requests. Here’s a preview of what the screen looks like:
Load: Assign students to sections
Once sections have been assigned to periods, you can then start assigning students to the available sections. There is a “Load” algorithm that auto-assigns students to sections based on preferences and availability. You can of course manually assign students to sections too. Here’s a preview of what this screen looks like:
In summary, the Master Scheduler is quite the complex tool to handle complex scheduling situations. For more information (or for a demo), please contact QuickSchools support via chat or email. We look forward to rolling this out to our App Store in the near future.