In a recent release (back on November 10, 2020), QuickSchools introduced a new feature to allow teachers to email parents and/or students directly from the Gradebook. This is just one of the many ways teachers can engage parents/students (in addition to Mass Messaging, Class Discussions and Homework / Assignments). Notice the new mail icon on the top right corner of the Gradebook:
Clicking on the mail icon will allow you to compose an email message:
Some things to note about this feature:
- You can send emails to both parents and students
- The system uses the current user as the sender, but you can change the sender info
- You can include information from specific columns in your Gradebook. Just check the column names on the right side of the screen.
- The email template will fill in the auto-generated fields based on the available information (like subject name, student name, sender name, etc). So you can use a single template to send emails to all your parents/students, and each recipient will receive a personalized email based on their information.
- Email supports attachments
After clicking “Send Email”, you will be asked to confirm the email:
Here’s an example of a sent email (using the sample data above as an example):
If you need help with this feature, please don’t hesitate to contact our awesome support team.
We’re super excited to release this feature, and this was all thanks to your feedback. If you have other suggestions for improvement, please reach out to us via email or chat. We look forward to hearing from you.