Here’s a list of the latest improvements in QuickSchools:
- Mobile App Framework (Coming Soon)
- Odysseyware (Beta) Framework Improvements
- Admissions Improvements (see below)
- Inquiries now has Status view (similar to Applications)
- Renamed “Show All” to “Show All Active”
- Change Color Scheme (see below)
- Support for Staff (see below)
- New setting to turn on “Staff” module
- Events can now be shared with Staff
- Miscellaneous Bug Fixes / Improvements
- Report Creator Date Filter for “is this week” (see below)
- Subject Importer supports column for Semester Name
- Parent Messaging Caller ID requires Credit
- Submitted Online Forms bug for Student Portal
- Master Scheduler “Copy Settings” button bug
- Graduation Requirements bug on Student Tab
In a previous Sprint E5, we introduced a new “Applications by Status” feature. We’ve now done the same for Inquiries:
Remember that you can lock the selected status by clicking on the Lock icon below the Search Box on the right.
We also took the liberty of renaming the “Show All” status to “Show All Active”, to make it clearer:
Schools now have the ability to change the colors that appear in the account. You can do this from the “Settings” > “School Profile” page:
You can change the color of certain elements within your QuickSchools account:
We’ll be sharing more details about this feature in a future blog post. Stay tuned.
With this module enabled, you can allow specific users to access the new “Staff” sub-menu under the main “Teachers” menu:
And when editing a record, you can specify whether a user is a teacher or staff, or both. Note that the default access for teachers and staff are different. Teachers have access to students and classes, while staff typically have restricted access. This will be explored in more detail in a future post.
With the new staff module enabled, we’ll be rolling out the ability to include/exclude staff in certain modules. For example, in today’s release, when adding Events on the Teachers Lounge, you can now specify whether to include Staff as well:
In a future release, we’ll be incorporating the staff module in some of the following features:
- Option to include Staff to Mass Messaging
- Option to include / exclude Staff from the Teacher Directory
- Ability to configure access for the Staff role under “Turn Features On / Off”
If there are specific areas you’d like Staff to have access to, please let us know via chat or email.
Report Creator Date Filter for “is this week”
In preparation for our upcoming School Dashboard, we now have a new filter option in the Report Creator for “is this week (Starting Sunday)”. This should allow for more dynamic reporting based on current weeks data: