This is the 17th and last release of 2020. Most schools will be on break right now. We’re looking forward to a bright 2021, with awesome new features and improvements. As always, your feedback is important to us, so let us know if there’s anything you’d like to see in a future release.
But for now, here are the latest improvements in QuickSchools:
- Fix Department Constraints
- Enhance ways for setting up Course Offering
- New function to Lock All Sections in Step 5
- Show Periods that have been restricted via Constraints
- Set Student Portal Course Requests as INACTIVE by default, when an enrollment period is activated.
- Improve wording of certain phrases
COMING SOON: Temperature App
- Store student temperatures
- Customize Health Screening questions
- Works with externally scanner
Other General Improvements
- Administrator can charge credit cards from Family Billing (See below)
- Increase size limit for files uploads not related to email messaging
- Bug fix when uploading multiple files with the same name
- Improvement to District/Group School, to support more data to be copied over when students / teachers are transferred between schools.
- Improve support for Name Formats when enrolling student from Online Forms
- Report Creator Support for Subject ID (used for data exports)
- Report Summary Support for Gradebook Total Marks Possible
- Improve support for adding/updating subject attendance from the student record
- Support links in template descriptions for Transcripts
- Fix labelling support for Homework
- Fix App Store error when loading reviews linked to a deleted user.
- Various improvements to server infrastructure
- Various improvements to the test environment
- Security login improvement (login counter and timeout)
Charging Credit Cards via Family Billing
In a previous release, we introduced the ability for administrators to charge credit cards that were entered via the Student and Parent Portals. However, this feature was only available for schools using Student Billing. We’ve now extended this functionality to also support Family Billing:
This feature can be enabled when you configure the Fee Tracking module as an administrator:
In response to the year of Covid-19, we are preparing a new Temperature App, that will allow schools to quickly record and track student temperature readings, along with responses to health screening questions that can be customized. Here’s a preview of what the app looks like:
When taking a student temperature, you can use the Custom Fields widget to create screening questions:
More details for this app will be announced soon. Do enjoy the rest of your December Break!