We have a few videos on youtube already, detailing how the Fee Tracking module works. I thought I’d summarize some of the key features of the Fee Tracking module here, and reference the videos that we have available on youtube:
Here’s a summary of the Fee Tracking capabilities:
- You can keep track of Fees and Payments for each student, and the system will keep track of outstanding balances.
- You can create Standard Charges that can be applied in bulk to all students, or to a sub-set of students (based on grade level and other criteria).
- All Fee Tracking transactions are dated based on date of entry. The date of the transaction cannot be changed. You can however indicate the date in the transaction description.
- The fee tracking module does not generate invoices or receipts. Instead, the Fee Tracking module can generate statements for each student, detailing an opening balance, transactions since the last statement, and an ending balance (like a credit card statement).
- Transactions in the fee tracking module can be categorized for reporting purposes. So you could track “Tuition Fees” separately from “Administrative Fees” for example, if categorized accordingly.
- All transactions and summary information can be exported to Excel for offline manipulation, or for import into an external program.
- Statements that are generated are in PDF format, and can be printed or emailed to parents as attachments.
- If you’d like the PDF statement to be formatted a certain way (to include payment instructions, for example), let us know, and we can customize that for you.
Here is a list of videos that we have:
- For a simple overview, the following video is about 6 minutes long: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnORgCucxm4
- For details on how to use the Student Billing sub-menu, check out this 2-minute video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmVy6DQvo4M
- Here’s another 2-minute video about the Standard Charges sub-menu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBz1Fkr5A_U
- Finally, if you’re looking to categorize your fees and payments for reporting purposes, check out this video as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5fMF3PHh8k
As always, contact us if you have further questions about the Fee Tracking module. Let us know your feedback as well. We can’t improve the module effectively without feedback from all our schools.
UPDATE Nov 6, 2012
We’ve introduce Online Payments and Family Billing to the Fees Tracking Module. You can check it out here:
10 thoughts on “QuickSchools Fee Tracking”
[…] features are part of the “Fee Tracking” module, available on all our plans. To turn it on, just go to “Features” page, and click on […]
[…] QuickSchools Discipline module can be used to track demerits for each student. Just like the Fee Tracking module, the Discipline Module tracks each disciplinary incident, as well as the running accumulated […]
[…] mass generate invoices for a whole bunch of students all at one. Just select the students in the Fee Tracking Module using the check boxes on the left, and select “Generate Invoice” from the menu on the […]
[…] have a discount for siblings, or a discount for veterans, or a discount for employees. Although the Fees Tracking module may not know automatically if a student is deserving of one of these special discounts, once […]
[…] Billing). Just to re-iterate, schools are free to charge any amount to parents/students via the Fee Tracking module. But also, parents can pay any amount via their QuickSchools […]
[…] very excited to announce some upcoming improvements to the Fee Tracking module in QuickSchools. We’re just finalizing the new module, which should be made available in […]
[…] apps, as it’s a fantastic way to track student lunches and lunch payments. Separate from the Fee Tracking module, Lunchroom is tailored to the needs of a school […]
[…] to all users with access to fee tracking reports and is great for when your school uses both Category-based Fee Tracking and Family […]
Instead, the Fee Tracking module can generate statements for each student, detailing an opening balance, transactions since the last statement, and an ending balance (like a credit card statement).
[…] has come a long way since our Early Days. So here’s an updated summary of what our Fee Tracking module can […]