We know that a lot of our teachers are busy ramping up for the new 2022-2023 school year. No worries, QuickSchools is here to lend a helping hand!
🦚 We’re proud to announce August as QuickSchools’ Teacher Training month. During this month, we’ll be hosting two live, FREE webinars especially crafted for teachers. More details below:
Introduction to QuickSchools for Teachers on August 18th
The Introduction to QuickSchools webinar will give teachers an overview of what QuickSchools has to offer. You’ll learn how to navigate through the screens and what resources are available to help you explore our software further. This webinar will be useful for teachers who are new to QuickSchools. The curriculum will include:
- Logging into QuickSchools
- Overview of the following teacher-related modules in our SIS: Attendance and Gradebook
- Overview of the following LMS modules: Lesson Plan, Class Discussion, and Homework
- Private Messaging
- Getting Help
This webinar will only provide an overview of the italicized modules above, as we offer separate webinars that cover these modules in depth (see our 2022 webinar series).
The curriculum for this webinar is based on the paid training curriculum that we offer to newly subscribed schools. Please take advantage of this FREE training offer!
Mastering the Gradebook on August 25th
The Mastering the Gradebook webinar is suitable for all levels of users (from beginners to advanced). We’ll go through a brief 5-minute overview of basic Gradebook activities, before moving on to intermediate and advanced topics. Key discussion points include:
- Gradebook basics: adding columns and formulas, and grading (re-normalizing and weighted grades)
- Configuring the Gradebook settings: icons and optional tools
- Communicating with students and parents: sharing feedback, and private vs public comments
- Transferring grades from the Gradebook to the Report Cards
- Alternative grading: Standards-based and Self-paced
Both webinars will be interactive. Post questions and answer polls during the 30-minute presentation session, and discuss topics further during the follow-up, 30-minute Q&A session.
In addition, both webinars are scheduled for 11 am PDT / 2 pm EDT. You can sign up for either webinar or both. Log on to your QuickSchools account and click on the sign up button(s) on the Teachers’ Lounge page.