Happy New Year everyone!
This is the last release of 2018, released on the last day of 2018. Here’s a list of the latest improvements in QuickSchools:
- New easy-to-find “Scheduling” menu for Teachers (see below)
- Paid Messaging Credit Notifications – Private Beta (see below)
- E-Mail on Purchase/Addition of Credit
- E-Mail on Low Balance (less than $5)
- Importer for Attendance – Private Beta
- Community Service App (see below)
- New Option for “Internship”
- Support for new Custom Usernames App (Coming Soon to App Store)
- Subject and Subject Enrollment Importer (see below)
- Miscellaneous Bugs and Improvements
- Global Subject Setup search function runs faster
- Private Messaging bug when Teachers select Parents to contact
- Subject Enrollment bug for student dropdown
- Report Card Email now shows the user logged in as Sender.
- Reporting bug for Community Service App
- Library App fix to include students from multiple sites if same branch
- Improvements to Parent Messaging to address error 30007
Details to several of these improvements are detailed below. As always, please feel free to share your thoughts and comments with us over chat, email, or on this blog as a comment.
Scheduling menu for Teachers
Previously, if you needed to view the schedule for a teacher (for the Simplified Scheduling module), you’d need to find and open the teacher record, scroll down to the bottom, and select the “Scheduling” tab from the list of tabs:
To make things simpler, there is a new “Scheduling” menu across the top, that will allow quick access for teachers to review their current schedule.
Administrators can enable a dropdown, so they can view the schedule for a specific teachers:
Parent Messaging Credit Notifications (Private Beta)
We are currently testing two new notifications to the Paid Messaging module. When purchasing / adding credit, we now support sending an email to the email address on file, letting the school know that credit had been purchased / added. Likewise, we’re also testing a new notification email when the credit balance goes below $5.
If you’re interested in having any of these notifications turned on for your school (as part of beta testing), please contact our Quickschools Support team. We’ll be rolling out this notification for all schools once beta testing is completed in a few weeks.
Community Service Improvements
When creating a new Community Service entry, there is now an entry for “internships”:
Subject and Subject Enrollment Importer
When configuring the “Report Cards/Gradebook” module, there is now a new option to “Enable Subject & Subject Enrollment Import“:
With this enabled, the “Global Subject Setup” screen now has 2 new buttons that will allow you to import Subjects and Subject Enrollments (i.e. students enrolled in each subject):