There is a new app available in the Quickschools App Store named the “Attendance Taking by Parents” app. The idea behind the app is pretty simple – it allows parents to take attendance from the Parent Portal for their children. For schools that are transitioning over to a virtual or hybrid system (partially on campus), this new app may come in handy. Here’s how it works:
When the app is installed and configured, parents will see a “Take Attendance” button below the student basic details:
When parents click on the button, they are taken to a calendar view to select a date to take attendance for. Based on your attendance settings, parents will be able to take attendance for either a single, or multiple periods:
Some additional notes:
- Parents can add/edit attendance for any school day
- Saved attendance will appear on the student record for the teachers/admins to view
- Saved attendance will also appear in reports
- The attendance taker will be appropriately shown as the student’s parent
- The app supports Daily, Rotating, Period Based, and Subject Based attendance.
If you have any questions or suggestions on how to improve this app, please be sure to let us know!