Sprint E20 was delayed due to the extensive testing required for improvements to our core modules, in particular Attendance and Standards-Based Gradebook modules. We hope you enjoy these new improvements.
So here’s a list of the latest improvements in QuickSchools:
- Standands-Based Gradebook Improvements (See below)
- Tool Tip when you hover over a grade for a students performance in a standard.
- Improve the way standards are added/imported to the Gradebook
- Ability to select specific standards within a Standard Set
- Organize the way Standards are displayed for Parents
- New Attendance Calendar (See below)
- Configure School Days and Holidays
- Subject Attendance Improvements (See below)
- Indicator for Taken Attendance
- Optional Submit Attendance
- Roster respects students Enrollment Date
- Updated Data Dictionary for Report Creator now includes support for:
- Number of Columns in Gradebook
- Gradebook Comments
- Miscellaneous Bug Fixes / Improvements
- Student Importer now supports reactivating existing student records (See below).
- Course Importer (For Master Scheduler and New Transcripts)
- Preview Email Fix for WYSIWYG Editor
- Bug fix for Submit Grades
- Bug fix for Auto-Fill on Locked Columns
- Option to show running GPA on Student Portal (BETA)
- Fee Tracking bug fixes for Payment Allocation
Standards-Based Gradebook Improvements
On the Standards-Based Gradebook, you can now mouse over the grade for a standard, and it will display the calculation for that grade:
You can still of course click on a cell to see the full detail behind the calculation:
We’ve also simplified the way teachers can add standards to the gradebook. Here what you see when clicking on “Add Standard”:
When adding standards from a Standard Set, you can now select specific standards from within the set:
Attendance Calendar to Configure Holidays
As the administrator, you can now define the holiday calendar for each academic term that you set up. So under the “New Semester Setup” > “View All Semesters” menu, you should see a new “Calendar” link for each term:
Clicking on it will bring up a calendar for the specified start/end dates defined for the term:
You can then click on a cell to set that day as a holiday, by applying a “Day Label“:
You will then need to configure your Attendance module to “Hide “Take Attendance” button on non-school days” in order to implement the restriction:
Once this setting has been turned on, your teachers will only be able to take attendance on configured schools days.
Subject Attendance Improvements
We’ve implemented a new indicator that will display a green check box if you’ve taken attendance for a particular subject / period:
This will make it easier for teachers to identify / remember if they’ve taken attendance for a particular period. Please note that simply loading the attendance roster constitutes taking attendance for a particular day / period.
For schools that want a little more control, we have a new option to “Enable submit button for subject attendance”, which can be turned on when you “Configure” the Attendance module:
With this option enabled, you will see a new “Submit Attendance” button on the top right corner of the screen. And the green indicator will not be checked until you click “Submit Attendance”:
The final improvement for this release is that the roster now respects the Enrollment Date for a student. This is particularly helpful for students who will be starting in the future, but have already been enrolled into courses in the system.
Importing Inactive Students
When importing students, if the student already exists, there is now an option to simply “Reactivate students”. This is to avoid duplicate student records in your account:
If the “Reactivate students” box is left uncheck, the system will display an error when encountering duplicate student records.