Wonderful news! We are now offering integration with QuickBooks Online via an App in the QuickSchools App Store. The app is still in private beta (as of Aug 11, 2014), so if you don’t see it on your App Store menu, please come chat with us to request access.
This first beta version will allow users to do the following:
- Connect with your QuickBooks Online Account
- Map products/services in your QuickBooks Online Account with Fee Tracking Categories in your QuickSchools Account.
- Map customers in your QuickBooks Online Account with either students or primary payers (for Family Billing) in your QuickSchools account. If customers have not been created in your QuickBooks Online Account, you can export them (exported records will be mapped automatically)
- Export Charges, Invoices and Payments from your Fee Tracking Module in QuickSchools into your QuickBooks Account
|Fee Tracking Categories||Products / Services|
|Students / Primary Payer||Customer / Accounts|
|Fee Tracking Charges, Invoices and Payments||Invoices and Payments|
In this article, we’ll run through a few quick steps on setting up integration with your QuickBooks Online account. For a list of supported countries check out:
The first time you access the QuickBooks App, you will be faced with the following screen:
Simply click on the “Connect to QuickBooks” button to log into QuickBooks. The following login screen should pop-up:
Once connection has been established, you’ll be faced with the following options:
The screen already organizes the steps for your. Mapping of the products and services are optional, depending on whether you use the Fee Tracking Categories menu:
Step 1 is obviously to synchronize the customers first. You have 2 options here: (1) Map and (2) Export. When mapping customers, you’re matching either students in your QuickSchools account, or Primary Payers (if Family Billing is turned on) to customer accounts in QuickBooks:
If you do not have the customer created in QuickBooks yet, you have the option of exporting the customer:
Step 2 (once customers have been mapped) is to export your Fee Tracking Transactions (which include Charges, Invoices and Payments) into QuickSchools.
Some things to note about exporting transactions:
- You can select individual transactions, or groups of transactions to export.
- When a transaction is exported, the system notes when it was exported in the last “Export” column on the far right.
- Once a transaction is exported, you do have the option of re-exporting the transaction. However, this does not update the existing record in QuickSchools. Instead, it re-inserts the record as a new entry in your QuickBooks account. You will need to offset the original transaction manually.
We’re always looking for ways to improve our software. Please do let us know if you have any further suggestions for improvement.