I know it’s been a while since we last posted an article on our QuickSchools blog. Believe me, there are a tonne of improvements coming very soon, but we’ve just been too busy to tell you about it. The HTML5 release is in its final stages of beta testing. In fact, all new trial accounts automatically get the new HTML5 version. Existing subscribers can request to be transitioned to the new HTML5 version whenever they’re ready.
So let’s go over some new improvements in the transcripts module. Here’s a screenshot of our new “Basic Transcript” template that will be replacing the “Generic Multi-page Transcript”:
Here are some highlights:
- Fields can be hidden or renamed (just like the Report Cards). If you need a new field, let us know, and we may be able to add it for you.
- Transcript automatically displays subjects and grades from your gradebooks. These subjects can be hidden or sorted as required.
- Transcripts also support calculated values like Earned Credits and Grade Point Average (GPA).
- You can manually add additional semesters, subjects and grades.
- Additional non-grade sections can be added, hidden or customized. This includes shared (templatized) sections (like Graduation Requirements), as well as student specific sections (like Awards and Accomplishments).
There are a few key differences between the Transcripts and the Report Cards which I’d like to mention:
|Multiple report cards per student||One transcript per student|
|Report card formats can be grade specific||Only one transcript format per account|
|Displays grades/assessments for one marking period, or one academic year||Displays grades/assessments for multiple academic years|
|Can be published to the Student and Parent Portals||Only accessible by privileged teachers/users|
|Report cards are archived (not editable) once the student record is deactivated||Transcripts are still editable, even after the student record is deactivated|
That’s about it! We have a few templates to choose from. But if you don’t quite see the template you’re looking for, please get in touch with our fine technical support staff, and we’ll see what we can do for you. We look forward to your feedback.