Skip to content

Vote Krystal Watson for QuickSchools Teacher of the Year 2012!

April 24, 2012

Help Krystal Watson win the inaugural QuickSchools Teacher of the Year awardTo all teachers out there, we salute you! QuickSchools.com is a fully-online school management system.

Krystal Watson is a Rockstar Teacher!

Ms Watson teaches Middle School Reading at Annoor Academy in Knoxville, TN. Here’s what Elisha had to say about Ms Watson in her nomination entry.

This teacher not only teaches her class, but also gives up many of her planning periods to help students who are struggling in lower grades. She handles all the special programs at the school ESL, standardized testing, Acclerated Reader, IXL, and enrichment classes. She is also on the Accreditation committee that is working toward getting our school accredited.

Ms Watson – you are awesome!

We then asked Ms Watson a few questions…

How did you get into teaching?

From the time I was a little girl I knew I would someday be a teacher.  In elementary school when someone asked what I wanted to be I said a teacher and that followed me to the present.  I had some really great teachers who made such an impact on me that I knew I wanted to be like them and follow in their footsteps.  Those teachers to this day are still my role models and I credit them with my decision to become a teacher.  In addition, to the fact my parents have always emphasized the value of education and expressed the extremely valuable role of a teacher in a student’s life.

What do you hope for your students?

My hope for my 8th grade students is that they become confident and well-rounded individuals as they proceed on to high school.  I hope that my students are well grounded and able to withstand the adversity which faces them as minorities and hold strong to their faith.  I hope they leave Annoor Academy with their head held high and are able to recognize that the future is filled with endless possibilities.  I devote my heart and soul to my students but the struggling learners have a special place there.  I spend countless hours working with these students in hopes of making a difference.  For these special students I hope they become confident and understand that they have as much potential as any other student.  It is important that these students believe in themselves and never fall victim to the put downs.  The sky’s the limit!!!

Anything you’d like to share with us? e.g. favorite moments, etc.

I would like to share that although I work hard and go the extra mile for my students so do my colleagues.  I have an excellent team of teachers and administrators that I am blessed to work with.  As a team, we do whatever it takes to ensure the students are successful and receive exactly what they need.  My colleagues have supported me through it all and without them it would be impossible to commit the time needed to each and every student I work with. I feel incredibly lucky to work and be part of an excellent and ever-changing school.

Help Ms Watson win an iPad3. Vote for her by:

1. Sharing the link of this blog post on Facebook (counts as 4 votes)
2. Sharing the link of this blog post on Twitter (counts as 4 votes)
3. Commenting on this article to give your support to Ms Watson (counts as 6 votes)
4. Writing an article or creating a quick video testimonial in support of Ms Watson (counts as 20 votes! Woot!!!)

Yes, you can do all four! 🙂

Voting ends at 11.59 pm on Friday May 18, 2012. Winner will be announced on May 25, 2012.

275 Comments leave one →
  1. Elisha Noe permalink
    April 25, 2012 4:27 am

Krystal is truly a great teacher! I’d be lost without her.

2. gofourthwithus permalink
    April 25, 2012 5:44 am

Go Krystal!! We all would be lost without her, I love how much effort she puts into helping us with Reading and all of the assessments. The kids are always sad when she’s not in the library for AR class. Thanks for all you do.

• gofourthwithus permalink
      April 25, 2012 5:45 am

This is Amber, forgot I had this account set up…

April 30, 2012 7:39 am

TY :))

3. Mehreen permalink
    April 25, 2012 5:52 am

Krystal has helped me so much this past year!

4. Diane C permalink
    April 25, 2012 8:40 am

I’ve just gotten to know Krystal over the past year on a personal level and I know that everything she said in the interview is true to her heart, beliefs, and values. She obviously has a special gift to work in a difficult environment, yet works tirelessly to provide the best education possible for her students. Proud of you Krystal!

5. Kendra permalink
    April 25, 2012 8:59 am

Krystal is an amazing teacher, and I am so blessed to get to work with her and learn from her! She works so hard and really goes the extra mile. Thank you, Krystal!

6. Naheed Farzana permalink
    April 25, 2012 9:41 am

If you think of a devoted, sincere teacher who would do her very best for each of the students, Krystal is the one.

April 30, 2012 7:43 am

Thanks that means alot coming from one of my parents. 🙂

7. Billie permalink
    April 25, 2012 11:05 am

Krystal is definitely one in a million! Of course some people may think that I am biased. Krystal is a great colleague, mentor and sister. Last year Krystal assisted me in organizing and preparing my room for the first day of the year. We spent weeks in my Classroom but it looked awesome! When school started I needed help with assessing my students. She came in and started assessing all if them. Eventually she would come in and assist my intervention students. For the longest time she developed a bond between many at Annoor Academy and did not ask for anything in return. In late October she was hired and the AR program was up and running. The kids were motivated to read and were begging for more books. Teacher Krystal spent endless days labeling the books with quiz numbers and grade levels to better accommodate the students. Today Krystal is still going over and beyond to accommodate all of her students no matter what she has to do. She is committed to all the programs that she is in charge of and also committed to a small group of students that play a large role in her daily life. She is devoted to her children at home and at school. She definitely deserves to be Teacher of the year!!!!!

April 30, 2012 7:44 am

Thanks sister!

8. Amany permalink
    April 25, 2012 8:33 pm

I am proud to be Krystal’s principal. Krystal is a very hard working, effective teacher. She has so many responsibilities within the school, and she carries all of them very well. She is cooperative, friendly, and very sweet. I love having her in the school and so does each one of her colleagues.

April 30, 2012 7:45 am

Thank You I think our school and staff is pretty amazing. You are a great support. Love ya!!!

9. Debbie permalink
    April 25, 2012 8:49 pm

Krystal is an inspiring teacher. She always goes out of her way to help students and fellow teachers! So glad she is being recognized for her hard work at our school!

April 30, 2012 7:47 am

Thanks Ms. Debbie!

10. Lisa brown permalink
    April 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Go Krystal! You deserve it.

11. Farida Qureshi permalink
    April 26, 2012 4:15 am

Krystal is a very good teacher. She’s got a very pleasant personality, and is always there to help. What will we do without you Krystal.

April 30, 2012 7:49 am

Thanks for the kind words 🙂

12. Krystal Watson permalink
    April 26, 2012 5:10 am

Diane,

Teaching is never easy but I would never say it’s difficult. I absolutely love teaching and making a difference in the lives of my students. I am blessed to have established so many wonderful bonds with my students, colleagues, and friends. Just as I am blessed to call you my friend. Thanks for the kind words.

13. Tabatha permalink
    April 26, 2012 6:46 am

Our school is truly blessed to have such a hardworking, kind and caring individual on our team. She has so many responsibilities that she has to juggle, and yet she does so beautifully. Others have said it, but it’s worth repeating that we would be lost without her. More importantly, the students she works so hard for would suffer greatly without her! She’s such a sweetheart and willing to help everyone, and just her devotion to our students are all reasons why she deserves Teacher of The Year!
    Thank you Krystal for all you do. I’m glad you’re getting recognition- you truly deserve this!

April 30, 2012 7:51 am

Your way too kind and we have a fabulous team of teachers. 🙂

14. Rehana Bounse permalink
    April 26, 2012 10:55 am

The school is blessed to have such a great, loving , selfless and a hard working teacher.I am especially lucky that I have Krystal to talk over my concerns about my struggling students.She is always there for me whenever I need her even though she has her hands full with so many responsibilities.I don’t know what I will do without her.
    Thanks Krystal for every thing!

April 26, 2012 11:34 am

Rehanna,

I love being there to help and together we do make a difference for these students, They have made so many gains and I am so very proud of them . TEAM WORK: it makes all the difference.

15. Arifa permalink
    April 26, 2012 11:02 pm

I truely agree. I had a few moments with Krystal but I know how sweet and caring she is….and thank you krystal for your help for our children….. You deserve it……..

April 30, 2012 7:52 am

Thanks I am blessed to work and be a part of AAK. I couldn’t imagine my life without the many people I have met along the way.

16. Taghreed Awad permalink
    April 27, 2012 1:45 am

I’m proud of you Krystal. You deserve it !!!!!!

April 30, 2012 7:54 am

Thank You! It’s all about team work!

17. Alicen P permalink
    April 27, 2012 6:02 am

Krystal is amazing. Point blank. End of story. No if, and’s, or but’s to it!

April 30, 2012 7:55 am

Thanks Alicen, you are a special somebody as well.

18. Hassinah Telwar permalink
    April 27, 2012 6:05 am

I believe that Tr.Krystal is a great role model herself and her student learn the best from her!!

April 27, 2012 6:23 am

Thanks Hassinah! I appreciate the votes. 🙂

• Hassinah Telwar permalink
        April 30, 2012 7:46 am

i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!np

April 30, 2012 7:56 am

Hassinah you are so sweet, miss you too! Take care and love ya

19. Ghada Ayesh permalink
    April 27, 2012 11:40 am

Krystal is a wonderful teacher who not only devotes her time to her students and school, but gives her whole heart. I have loved every moment working with her and I couldn’t imagine our hallways without her. You deserve this Krystal. I am so proud of you and have always believed in your ability to be the best teacher ever! Love you!

20. cindy abidi permalink
    April 27, 2012 11:53 am

Good luck Krystal! We’re behind you 100%!

April 30, 2012 7:59 am

Thanks Cindi that means so much!!!

21. Amber permalink
    April 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Thank you for you commitment to my child’s education!

April 30, 2012 8:01 am

Thanks!!! I appreciate the kind words and the share.:))

22. Yassine permalink
    April 27, 2012 5:59 pm

You’re an amazing role model for our children. Thank you for your unwavering commitment to their education!

April 30, 2012 8:10 am

Thank You!! That is very kind. I love teaching and making a difference for all students.

23. Annoor Academy 2nd grade permalink
    April 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Noorayn said, “I vote for you Tr. Krystal. I hope you win! I love you.”
    Rhonda said, “I love you Tr. Krystal you are the best teacher ever!”
    Ashraf said, ” I hope you win and you are the best teacher.”
    Laiyal said, “I hope you win and you are the awesomest teacher and you are sweet.”
    Omayah said, “I love you Tr. Krystal and I hope you win!”
    Sarah Q. said, ” I love you Tr. Krystal and you are the best teacher ever. You are so kind and sweet!”

April 30, 2012 8:13 am

Thank You 2nd graders are awesome!!!

24. Annoor Academy 2nd grade permalink
    April 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Omar S. said, ” I love you very, very much! I hope you win!”
    Sarah A. said, ” I love you Tr. Krystal and you are awesome!”
    Youssif said, ” I hope you win and win you get the prize you could give it to me!”
    Ruqayyah said, ” I love you Tr. Krystal and I hope you win the prize.”
    Omar H. said, ” I hope you win and when you win and I reach my goal for Ar you can give the IPAD to me as my reward.”
    Fawzan said, ” I hope you win and you are the Best Teacher!!!!!!!!”
    Tr. Billie said, ” Good Luck and 2nd grade wants you to WIN!!!!!!!”

April 30, 2012 8:11 am

Thanks 2nd Grade!!! You guys are awesome 🙂

25. tonya permalink
    April 28, 2012 11:00 am

Krystal is a wonderful teacher, friend,sister,mother, aunt and daughter! who gives her whole heart to what she believes in! She definitely deserves to be Teacher of the year!!!!!

April 30, 2012 8:14 am

Thanks Toni and love you!!!

26. DeRhonda McClellan permalink
    April 29, 2012 8:28 am

Krystal definitely cares a lot about those around her and puts her whole heart into everything she does, including teaching, from what I can tell.

April 29, 2012 9:02 am

Thanks and hope you are feeling better. Hope to see you Tuesday. :))

27. Katie Beshaw permalink
    April 30, 2012 7:00 am

My mom is the best

28. Heidi Brinson permalink
    April 30, 2012 8:09 am

Krystal has such a heart for her students. She genuinely cares about them as individuals and works hard to identify how each of them learn so she can meet them there. She understands that HER job is not just A job. She is a blessing in its porest form to her students.

• Heidi Brinson permalink
      April 30, 2012 8:13 am

That is supposed to be PUREST….purest form. Krystal IS a blessing!

April 30, 2012 8:15 am

Thanks Heidi I would understand poorest but purest is even better. Thanks a bunch!!!

29. Sarah Grace Beshaw permalink
    April 30, 2012 10:36 am

vote vote vote for mommy/krystal

30. Michelle permalink
    April 30, 2012 12:56 pm

Awesome Teacher!

31. Kari permalink
    April 30, 2012 10:30 pm

Go Krystal!

32. Krystal Watson permalink
    May 1, 2012 4:46 am

Thanks a bunch!!! I think you are pretty awesome as well. 🙂

33. Noor permalink
    May 2, 2012 1:30 am

Teacher Krystal should be teacher of the year because she is nice and a good teacher!

34. May 2, 2012 2:49 am

I don’t know what I can say about Krystal that hasn’t already been said! But, to know Krystal is to love her! I admire her courage, commitment, and compassion, as well as her faith and instructional expertise.

May 2, 2012 4:33 am

Thanks Dee!!! It means more than you know. :))

35. May 2, 2012 8:05 am

36. May 2, 2012 8:10 am

Teacher Krystal is so great!!!!! she deserves to be teacher of the year. and she is so nice. I can prove it that she is going to rock!!!!!! I love you teacher Krystal. You are the best teacher in the world. You have beautiful clothes on when you come to school like a butterfly. you are so smart and kind. How many I love you’s can I say? maybe 1,000,000 !!!!!!! you are so the best.you are great

May 2, 2012 9:23 am

Thanks Noorayn!! You guys are so special to me and I enjoy working with each and everyone of you. I am truly blessed. 🙂

37. May 3, 2012 8:31 am

I love you teacher Krystal!!!!

May 3, 2012 8:40 am

Thanks Noorayn and love ya too!!!

38. Tashfiya =) permalink
    May 3, 2012 8:58 am

Tr. Krystal, you’re the best teacher ever!You’re AWESOME!!! YOU ROCK!! Thanx for being such a great teacher. You deserve it! =)

May 3, 2012 9:01 am

Thanks Tashfiya!!! You guys are very special to me and I have absolutely enjoyed being your teacher this year. :))) Middleschool is very entertaining. Lol

• ayat permalink
        May 4, 2012 5:50 am

hahaahahaha o ya we are allsome !!! o ya but not as much as u !!!!! we love you teacher ….!!.ur really truelly alsomest teacher

May 4, 2012 5:59 am

Thanks I appreciate the nice comment and love you guys bunches. 🙂

39. Tashfiya =) permalink
    May 3, 2012 8:59 am

Btw, I LUV U!!! =) ❤

May 3, 2012 9:12 am

Love Ya too!!! 🙂

40. Sarah Kalifa permalink
    May 4, 2012 8:00 am

Teacher Krystal,I am very grateful that i have a teacher like you.

May 4, 2012 8:11 am

Thanks sweetheart that means the world to me. I have loved teaching middleschool. 🙂

41. tashfiya permalink
    May 4, 2012 10:27 am

Here’s a special poem dedicated to you:
    Tr. Krystal,
    I’m happy that you’re my teacher;
    I enjoy each lesson you teach.
    As my role model you inspire me
    To dream and to work and to reach.
    With your kindness you get my attention;
    Every day you are planting a seed
    Of curiosity and motivation
    To know and to grow and succeed.
    You help me fulfill my potential;
    I’m thankful for all that you’ve done.
    I admire you each day, and I just want to say,
    As a teacher, you’re number one!

May 4, 2012 11:15 am

Love, love love it!! Thank you so much. 🙂 🙂

• tashfiya permalink
        May 5, 2012 8:47 am

Um…..Tr. Krystal, if u think the poem’s written by me, it’s wrong. Sorry, i didnt write the poem, but i really wish i cud write sumthing like that. But each and every word in it is true. I’m really sorry =(. Plz dont be sad. =(

May 5, 2012 9:21 pm

Tashfiya it doesn’t matter to me if you wrote it or borrowed it from another author. It’s still very special to me and I do appreciate the effort you went through to find it. I love it regardless and will cherish it. You are an exceptionally sweet and compassionate young lady. Thank You!!!

42. brad permalink
    May 4, 2012 1:32 pm

I’m proud of you Krystal.

43. jowahir ahmed permalink
    May 5, 2012 4:33 am

I really hope you win krystal you deserve more then an I pad . You’re an inspiration your energy, patience,dedication and most of all your humility we should call you wonder teacher .good luck

May 5, 2012 4:49 am

Thank You!!! Your post means so much to me. I would trade it for anything in the world. I love AAK and working with the staf, students, and parents. Thanks again 🙂

May 5, 2012 4:50 am

Wouldn’t

44. ayat permalink
    May 5, 2012 11:22 pm

for being my life’s role model.
    When I consider all you’ve taught me
    and reflect on the kind of person you are,
    I want to be like you—
    smart, interesting and engaging,
    positive, confident, yet unpretentious.
    I want to be like you—
    well-informed and easy to understand,
    thinking with your heart as well as your head,
    gently nudging us to do our best,
    with sensitivity and insight.
    I want to be like you—
    giving your time, energy and talent
    to ensure the brightest possible future
    for each of us.
    For giving me a goal to shoot for:
    I want to be like you!

• Krystal Warson permalink
      May 5, 2012 11:27 pm

I love it!!! You guys are so special to me. 🙂

• ayat permalink
        May 6, 2012 12:06 am

hehehehe thx teacher XD when do you need the letter

45. Amany permalink
    May 6, 2012 6:12 am

krystal is a great teacher! I can always depend on her and trust that she does the right thing,on the right time. She does her work and more. As her principal I vote for her as the teacher of the year.

46. tashfiya permalink
    May 6, 2012 7:08 am

Thanx teacher =D

47. Kathy permalink
    May 6, 2012 11:26 am

Krystal you are a true inspiration to many individuals. I am extrmely proud of you. GOOD LUCK and I hope you win.

48. Pam permalink
    May 6, 2012 11:33 am

Congratulations on your nomination. You deserve it!

49. Abigal permalink
    May 6, 2012 11:46 pm

Congrats Krystal! I hope you win. You deserve it!

50. Katie Beshaw permalink
    May 6, 2012 11:52 pm

My mom is a good techr

51. Amany permalink
    May 7, 2012 12:50 am

I hope you win Krystal because you really deseve it!

52. Tom permalink
    May 7, 2012 12:57 am

Good luck.

53. Sharon permalink
    May 7, 2012 4:29 am

Keep up the good work! Remember Without teachers there would no other professions. Good Luck !!!!!!!

• Sharon permalink
      May 7, 2012 4:31 am

There would be no other professions.

54. Dunia Odeh permalink
    May 7, 2012 7:10 am

She is an amazing teacher who will excede her limits in a great way.

55. May 7, 2012 11:25 am

vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote for tr.krystal come on for me ok you win i will vote for her

56. Kari permalink
    May 7, 2012 10:23 pm

I know my Kindergarten students are rooting for you! No one else in this school can keep them as excited about reading as you. I watch them during play time and the girls play “school.” They will argue over who gets to be Teacher Krystal. They look up to you so much.

57. Sarah & Katie Beshaw permalink
    May 8, 2012 6:38 am
  58. Sarah & Katie Beshaw permalink
    May 8, 2012 6:40 am
  59. Sarah & Katie Beshaw permalink
    May 8, 2012 6:41 am
  60. tonya permalink
    May 8, 2012 10:52 am

THE CREATION OF THE TEACHER

The Good Lord was creating teachers. It was His sixth day of ‘overtime’ and He knew that this was a tremendous responsibility for teachers would touch the lives of so many impressionable young children. An angel appeared to Him and said, “You are taking a long time to figure this one out.”

“Yes,” said the Lord, ” but have you read the specs on this order?”

TEACHER:

…must stand above all students, yet be on their level
    … must be able to do 180 things not connected with the subject being taught
    … must run on coffee, coke and leftovers,
    … must communicate vital knowledge to all students daily and be right most of the time
    … must have more time for others than for herself/himself
    … must have a smile that can endure through pay cuts, problematic children, and worried parents
    … must go on teaching when parents question every move and others are not supportive
    … must have 6 pair of hands.

“Six pair of hands, ” said the angel, “that’s impossible”
    “Well, ” said the Lord, ” it is not the hands that are the problem. It is the three pairs of eyes that are presenting the most difficulty!”

The angel looked incredulous, ” Three pairs of eyes…on a standard model?”

The Lord nodded His head, ” One pair can see a student for what he is and not what others have labeled him as. Another pair of eyes is in the back of the teacher’s head to see what should not be seen, but what must be known. The eyes in the front are only to look at the child as he/she ‘acts out’ in order to reflect, ” I understand and I still believe in you”,
    without so much as saying a word to the child.”

“Lord, ” said the angel, ” this is a very large project and I think
    you should work on it tomorrow”.

“I can’t,” said the Lord, ” for I have come very close to creating something much like Myself. I have one that comes to work when he/she is sick…..teaches a class of children that do not want to learn….has a special place in his/her heart for children who are not his/her own…..understands the struggles of those who have difficulty….never takes the students for granted…”

The angel looked closely at the model the Lord was creating.
    “It is too soft-hearted, ” said the angel.

“Yes,” said the Lord, ” but also tough, You can not imagine what this teacher can endure or do, if necessary”.

“Can this teacher think?” asked the angel.

“Not only think,” said the Lord,. “but reason and compromise.”

The angel came closer to have a better look at the model and ran his finger
    over the teacher’s cheek.

“Well, Lord, ” said the angel, your job looks fine but there is a leak. I told you that you were putting too much into this model.
    You can not imagine the stress that will be placed upon the teacher.”

The Lord moved in closer and lifted the drop of moisture from the teacher’s cheek.
    It shone and glistened in the light.

“It is not a leak,” He said, “It is a tear.”

“A tear? What is that?” asked the angel, “What is a tear for?”

The Lord replied with great thought, ” It is for the joy and pride of seeing a child accomplish even the smallest task. It is for the loneliness of children who have a hard time to fit in and it is for compassion for the feelings of their parents. It comes from the pain of not being able to reach some children and the disappointment those children feel in themselves. It comes often when a teacher has been with a class for a year and must say good-bye to those students
    and get ready to welcome a new class.”

“My, ” said the angel, ” The tear thing is a great idea…You are a genius!!”
    The Lord looked somber, “I didn’t put it there.”

61. brad permalink
    May 8, 2012 12:30 pm

The most admired teacher
    Would be caring, kind and smart.

She’d always have her students’
    Best interests in her heart.

She’d help us love to learn.
    Her lessons would be clear.

She’d motivate with praise,
    And always be sincere.

62. brad permalink
    May 9, 2012 10:23 am

“One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.” — Carl Jung
    Teachers play a vital role on everybody’s lives. They help us a lot to learn and they deserve respect from us! good luck Krystal

63. Ayat permalink
    May 9, 2012 10:34 am

Hope you win 🙂

64. Maggie permalink
    May 9, 2012 11:48 pm

Congrats on this recognition;it is well deserved. Your patience and support is much appreciated.

65. Hadiya permalink
    May 10, 2012 6:00 am

Teacher Krystal is nice and sweet. She is awesome and she should be queen of AAK:).
    She helps with AR and IXL. She is really fun and gives us parties if we meet our goal in AR.
    She is so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

66. Hibah permalink
    May 10, 2012 6:07 am

Tr. Krystal u r soooooooooooo awesome ,nice, and special to me. You encouraged me a whole lot this year. Thanks 4 everything! ❤

67. Megan permalink
    May 10, 2012 9:39 am

I dreamed I stood in a studio
    And watched two sculptors there,
    The clay they used was a young child’s mind
    And they fashioned it with care.

One was a teacher:
    the tools she used were books and music and art;
    One was a parent
    With a guiding hand and gentle loving heart.

And when at last their work was done,
    They were proud of what they had wrought.
    For the things they had worked into the child

You are a great inspiration; thanks for all you do for my family.

68. Adam permalink
    May 10, 2012 10:08 am

Great teacher and wonderful role model. Thanks for all you do each and every day at AAK.

69. Souha permalink
    May 10, 2012 11:07 am

It’s great to see all these great posts that many have posted. Words can’t describe what a blessing it is to have you in the AAK family. You are a motivator to many of our students and my kids have grown to love reading even more; and they look forward to see how close they are to meeting their goal and the rewards as well 😉 Your patience, enthusiasm and loyalty to your job is very obvious to many. Good luck and u deserve this!!

70. Samantha permalink
    May 10, 2012 5:50 pm

I am so proud of you. Good Luck!

71. Jayla permalink
    May 11, 2012 9:39 am

You are such a great role model and a wonderful teacher. Thanks for all you do to support your students.

72. Mary permalink
    May 13, 2012 12:49 am

Congrats!

73. Donna permalink
    May 13, 2012 12:59 am

I am proud of you!!!!

74. Lindsey permalink
    May 13, 2012 1:30 am

Tr. Krystal is an an amazing teacher. She helped me learn a lot and believe in myself when I was at my lowest point. She has motivated me to read and to love reading. Thank You!!! I love ya!!!

75. Jenna permalink
    May 13, 2012 1:53 am

I hope you win.

76. Amany permalink
    May 13, 2012 6:57 am

Go Krystal!

77. Amany permalink
    May 13, 2012 7:00 am

I do not think that anyone deserve to win more than Krystal!

78. Margaret permalink
    May 13, 2012 12:28 pm

Congratulations on your nomination. You are s true blessing to your students.

79. Jackie permalink
    May 13, 2012 12:31 pm

A true inspiration for all. . I am proud of you girl.

80. MARK permalink
    May 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Congratulations KRYSTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

81. Leanne permalink
    May 13, 2012 11:21 pm

I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work.

82. Leena permalink
    May 14, 2012 4:24 am

Teacher Krystal is my current teacher (i am in 8th grade at Annoor Academy).Teacher Krystal is one of the best teachers i have had. She helps us when we need help, she cheers us up when we are down, and she also there when we are upset and she calms us down. Teacher Krystal if you are reading this you are a teacher but you love us like your children and well YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!
    LOVE YA! 😀 🙂

83. Fatma permalink
    May 14, 2012 4:24 am

Teacher Krystal is an amazing and wonderful teacher.She’s helpful,supportive and loving.She’s one of the best teachers In Annoor Academy.I appreciate everything she does for me and my class.Tr.Krystal is just pure awesomeness! ❤ ❤ ❤

84. Rizi permalink
    May 14, 2012 4:25 am

Tr. krystal you is amazing she teaches us reading everyday and sometimes she gives us candy// 🙂

85. Mariam permalink
    May 14, 2012 4:26 am

Teacher Krystal, is KIIIIIIND, SMAAAAAART, and IMPOOOOOORTANT!!!!!!!!!

86. amira permalink
    May 14, 2012 4:27 am

Tr. Krystal is the awesomest teacher EVAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

87. Lamis permalink
    May 14, 2012 4:28 am

YOU IS GORGEOUS AND ADORABLE AND SMART AND COOL AND AWESOME….WE ALL LOVV YAA!!!!!! -LAMIS EMARA

88. Donecia permalink
    May 14, 2012 4:58 am

Keep it up girl. I know you are going to win!!!!

89. Scotty permalink
    May 14, 2012 5:17 am

Congrats to the best aunt ever. I hope you win.

90. Raily permalink
    May 14, 2012 5:18 am

Great Job!

91. Phillip permalink
    May 14, 2012 5:20 am

Congratulations.

92. Alicen permalink
    May 14, 2012 5:23 am

My aunt is awesome and she knows it!!!!

93. May 14, 2012 5:24 am

Awesome job! I hope you win!!!!

94. Chandra permalink
    May 14, 2012 6:02 am

You deserve to win this. God bless you!

95. May 14, 2012 6:04 am

You are an awesome teacher!

96. Joshua permalink
    May 14, 2012 6:07 am

I need an iPad. Lol. I hope you win.

97. Paul permalink
    May 14, 2012 6:35 am

Good job

98. Dallie permalink
    May 14, 2012 9:35 am

Krystal is an amazing individual. I have known her for many years. She is an inspiration to many because of her determination. The steepest mountain will never be too high because she will never allow anything to get in her way. I am so proud of Krystal and all of her hard work at school and at home. Good Luck!!!!

99. Stella permalink
    May 14, 2012 9:39 am

I am so proud of you. I told your dad when you graduated that you would be an amazing teacher. The proof is here. Congratulations.

• Bina permalink
      May 16, 2012 11:33 am

Krystal you know I have to get my babies on here as well. They love you and your family. We may get up there this summer. Good luck.

100. Emma permalink
    May 14, 2012 9:41 am

Congratz to Sarah’s mom. She told me to vote for you because we want you to win and bc you are awesome.

101. Amanee AlOsta permalink
    May 14, 2012 11:39 am

We love her ,, she is the reason Zain enjoys reading .. good Luck Krystal you deserve the best ..

102. Sarah qaddp permalink
    May 15, 2012 5:01 am

I love you tr. Krystal you are awesome because you help us read you give us certificate and candy and books when we meet our goals you let us go to field trips too thank you . Every body vote for tr. Krystal

103. Sarah qaddo permalink
    May 15, 2012 5:03 am

Vote for tr. Krystal please ! I love you tr. Krystal!

104. Anonymous permalink
    May 15, 2012 5:37 am

I am so happy that Annoor Academy was blessed with such a wonderful teacher like Tr. Krystal. Allah has blessed our school and our children with this wonderful teacher.

105. May 15, 2012 5:47 am

Tr. krystal is the best !!! she is cool and pelase vote for teacher krystal because she rocks!!!!

106. May 15, 2012 5:57 am

I hope Tr.krastal wins in the teacher of the year and she is so nice.
    GO Tr.krystal

107. Eman permalink
    May 15, 2012 6:45 am

Teacher Krystal is the best teacher because she believes in the students at AAK. She offers the students incentives to encourage and motive them to read. The students become competitive with other students and classes. She is a great teacher.

108. Marty permalink
    May 15, 2012 8:01 am

I am proud of you.

109. Lori permalink
    May 15, 2012 8:02 am

I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work.

110. Shaun permalink
    May 15, 2012 8:31 am

Krystal is an amazing teacher. A true inspiration to all her students.

111. Jessie permalink
    May 15, 2012 8:34 am

Gr8t teacher

112. Yassir Shanshal permalink
    May 15, 2012 8:51 am

Both of my daughters are at the Anoor Acadmey. Teacher Crystal is responsible on setting up all the exams and many instructional matters. I think Tr. Crystal is absolutely magnificent at everything she does! I am glad my two daughters get their educations from the best! Thank you very much Tr. Crystal.

113. Anonymous permalink
    May 15, 2012 9:05 am

Teacher Krystal is an amazing teacher…we’re really blessed to have her as on of our teachers 🙂

114. Imtinan permalink
    May 15, 2012 9:09 am

your the best teacher i know 🙂 and i hope you win!

115. Yamin permalink
    May 15, 2012 9:10 am

You’re the best and you’re awesssome!!!

116. Hana permalink
    May 15, 2012 9:40 am

Tr. Krystal is an inspiration to all and a huge motivator.we love you tr. Krystal

117. MARK permalink
    May 16, 2012 4:48 am

A TEACHER’S SURVIVAL KIT FOR EVERYDAY LIVING
    Original Author Unknown
    Adaptation for teachers by Charles Nelson and his fellow teachers
    Reprinted from MotivateUs.com

TOOTHPICK
    Reminds us to look for the good qualities in our students.
    You may be the only teacher who says something positive to them that day.

RUBBER BAND
    Reminds the teacher that they have to be flexible.
    Things don’t always go the way we plan,
    But flexibility will help to work it out.

BAND AID
    Reminds the teacher that sometimes we do more than teach,
    That we help heal hurt feelings, broken dreams,
    And lend an ear to a problem.

PENCIL
    Reminds us to be thankful and we should list our blessings daily,
    But also encourage our students to list their blessings
    And to be proud of their accomplishments.

ERASER
    Reminds us to allow students to know we are human
    And make mistakes just like they do, and it’s ok.
    We must all be able to learn from our mistakes.

CHEWING GUM
    Reminds us to stick with it
    And encourage our students to do like wise.
    Even the impossible task or assignment can be accomplished
    By sticking to it.

MINT
    Reminds us and our students we are worth a mint.
    (We may not be paid a mint, but are worth one.)

CANDY KISS
    Reminds us that everyone needs a hug,
    Kiss, or warm fuzzy everyday.
    (All teachers, students, parents, and even administrators)

TEA BAG
    Reminds us we need time to relax,
    Go over our blessing, and take time for others.
    Family, husbands, wives, friends, children need quality time together.

A teacher must be willing to show their students how much they care!!!
    and krystal you have always done that!

118. tashfiya permalink
    May 16, 2012 9:11 am

Uh-huh!! (dancing on her bed)……Ur AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

119. Vanessa permalink
    May 16, 2012 10:44 am

Awesome!!!!!

120. Bina permalink
    May 16, 2012 11:26 am

Shoot for the stars sister. Love you girl:)

121. Britton & Bryce permalink
    May 16, 2012 11:28 am

We hope you win ms. Krystal. We miss you

122. Brandon permalink
    May 16, 2012 11:31 am

Ms Krystal you are such a nice person. Fact is your family is too. I miss you and your family and I be praying that you win. Maybe we can visit you all soon.

123. Reem permalink
    May 16, 2012 9:01 pm

This is my first semester working for Annoor academy. At first, I met Tr. Krystal to show me things around the school, I thought Annoor academy should be proud to have this didicated and determined teacher. Since that day I noticed she is always there helping and monitoring every one in the school ( teachers and students).
    So Yes, we go for Krystal and her hard work. She deserves to be the teacher of the year in the town.

124. shanshal permalink
    May 16, 2012 10:45 pm

you sure deserve the title…you are awesome Tr. Krystal

125. ghada permalink
    May 17, 2012 4:03 am

Great job Tr. Watson

126. Yassir permalink
    May 17, 2012 4:13 am

You are the best!

127. Sarah Ferwanah permalink
    May 17, 2012 5:09 am

Tr. Krystal watson, you are a wesome.
    Sarah F.

128. Salma Ferwanah permalink
    May 17, 2012 5:12 am

Tr. Krystal Watson, You are a very good Tr., I love you.
    Salma Ferwanah

129. Amin Ferwanah permalink
    May 17, 2012 5:15 am

Tr. Krystal Watson, Thank you for teaching us AR.
    Amin Ferwanah

130. Rawan Ferwanah permalink
    May 17, 2012 5:16 am

Tr Krystal, You are the best.
    Rawan Ferwanah

131. Naser Ferwanah permalink
    May 17, 2012 5:22 am

Go Tr Krystal.
    Naser Ferwanah

132. Souzan Ferwanah permalink
    May 17, 2012 5:24 am

Tr. Krystal, You do a good job teaching my children AR.
    Souzan Ferwanah

133. Arash Izadpanah permalink
    May 17, 2012 5:55 am

It seems as though you have already won… regardless of the “official” outcome.

134. Tanya permalink
    May 17, 2012 5:56 am

Good luck Ms. Watson, we hope you win!!!

135. Jafar permalink
    May 17, 2012 9:50 am

Teacher Krystal rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    She helped us get AR points
    She got the AR points thing for all 120 students

136. Husam permalink
    May 17, 2012 9:53 am

Tr krysta is the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

137. Parent of Sara Sami permalink
    May 17, 2012 10:17 am

Teacher Krystal one of teachers who knew how to win the hearts of the kids, my daughter Sara one of those kids. because Krystal likes them and reacts with them.

138. Amany permalink
    May 17, 2012 10:59 am

I hope you win Krystal!

139. Amany permalink
    May 17, 2012 11:03 am

you deserve to be the winner!

140. Huma Javeed permalink
    May 17, 2012 11:08 am

Krystal really deserves to be the best teacher. She is the most loving, passionate, sincere and devoted teacher. She sure made a huge change among the kids by creating a unique learning atmosphere in the school and developed the love for reading among them.
    Krystal, you are the best!!!

• Krystal permalink
      May 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Thanks the support from the parents, students, and my colleagues means the world to me. 🙂

141. Eman Hamed permalink
    May 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Tr. Krystal is a patient, sincere, kind and devoted teacher. We are grateful to have her at our school.. 🙂

142. May 17, 2012 12:44 pm

Hope you win.

143. Midori permalink
    May 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Krystal has always been a loving, caring and truly devoted individual. Keep up the good work.

144. Melissa permalink
    May 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Krystal is an amazing person. She goes over and beyond for anyone. I am extremely happy for her on her nomination and will be praying that she wins.

145. brandy permalink
    May 17, 2012 1:06 pm

you are awesome and you will win

146. Alaura permalink
    May 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Wow! These comments show how amazing you are. A true inspiration

147. Mari K permalink
    May 17, 2012 1:34 pm

Fabulous individual.

148. Farzana permalink
    May 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Go Krystal go!!

149. May 17, 2012 8:15 pm

You are truly blessed to be Teacher Krystal of the year.Go Teacher Krystal we vote for you!

150. May 17, 2012 8:17 pm

I I I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU YOU YOU !!!!!!!!!!!

151. nurmin ahmed permalink
    May 17, 2012 8:40 pm

I,ve known you,re a very good teacher.all the best wishes for you.

152. SarahA permalink
    May 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Awesome teacher!!

153. Qaddo permalink
    May 17, 2012 10:21 pm

I love you teacher Krystal. Best teacher ever!

• Sarah qaddo permalink

The best teacher

160. Omayah permalink
    May 17, 2012 10:29 pm

I love you teacher

161. Shafia Moinuddin permalink
    May 17, 2012 10:33 pm

She’s an excellent teacher who strives hard to ensure each of her students needs are met!

162. Parent of Zainab Omer permalink
    May 17, 2012 10:37 pm

If anyone deserves to be teacher of the year, it’s Krystal Watson!! Her kindness, patience, perseverance, and ability to adapt into any grade is amazing!

163. Isaac permalink
    May 18, 2012 5:18 am

Go get them Tr. Krystal!!! My first grader loves you! He is an over-acheiver in reading thanks to all your hard work.

164. tashfiya permalink
    May 18, 2012 8:22 am

LOVE U, TR. KRYSTAL!! U ROCK!!! =) =P

165. Amany permalink
    May 18, 2012 8:37 am

Krystal is a great teacher and she deserves to win.

166. Amany permalink
    May 18, 2012 8:39 am

she is really wonderful!

167. Amany permalink
    May 18, 2012 8:42 am

Krystal is a very dedicated hard working teacher!

168. Selin permalink
    May 18, 2012 9:30 am

Tr.Krystal you deserve it more than anybody does! You deserve the credit and the work you have done! I love you Tr.Krystal<3!

169. Natalie permalink
    May 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Hope you win.

170. Skyler permalink
    May 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Your the best! You deserve this and so much more. 🙂

171. Jonah permalink
    May 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Wonderful work in the classroom, you deserve this and so much more. 🙂

172. Logan permalink
    May 18, 2012 9:33 pm

A great teacher who goes above and beyond for her students. 🙂

173. Holly permalink
    May 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Great teacher with such a positive attitude. 🙂

174. Missy permalink
    May 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Excellent work with the youth.:)

175. Bentley permalink
    May 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Excellent teacher with great character. 🙂

176. Heather permalink
    May 18, 2012 9:51 pm

Krystal deserves to win. Go Krystal!!!

177. Samuel permalink
    May 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Go Krystal! 🙂

178. Caroline permalink
    May 18, 2012 10:07 pm

A true changemaker! 🙂 She definitely makes a difference for her students.

179. Lucinda permalink
    May 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Excellent teacher, go Krystal go!

180. Bree permalink
    May 19, 2012 3:32 am

Awesome

181. Carla permalink
    May 19, 2012 5:14 am

Great teacher who really deserves to win and the acknowledgement. 🙂

182. Jessica permalink
    May 19, 2012 5:16 am

Congrats and best of luck!!!

183. Missy permalink
    May 19, 2012 5:21 am

Amazing teacher.

184. Parents of Omar permalink
    May 19, 2012 5:24 am

A great reading Ar teacher

185. Parent of Mohamed permalink
    May 19, 2012 5:40 am

Very caring teacher and extremely motivated. 🙂

186. Ahmad permalink
    May 19, 2012 5:48 am

Congrats and fortunate my children are taught by the best.

187. Janice permalink

I happy for u

192. Cody permalink
    May 19, 2012 6:32 am

I want you to win.

193. Sarah F permalink
    May 19, 2012 6:35 am

Tr. Krystal watson, you are a wesome.
    Sarah F.

194. Sarah F permalink
    May 19, 2012 6:37 am

Tr. Krystal watson, you are a awesome.
    Sarah F.

195. Laila permalink
    May 19, 2012 8:33 am

Awesome work!!! Thanks for all you do.:)

196. Amin permalink
    May 19, 2012 8:41 am

Tr. Krystal Watson, Thank you for teaching us AR.
    Amin Ferwanah

197. Salma permalink
    May 19, 2012 8:43 am

Tr. Krystal Watson, You are a very good Tr., I love you.
    Salma Ferwanah

198. Souzan permalink
    May 19, 2012 8:45 am

Tr. Krystal, You do a good job teaching my children AR.
    Souzan Ferwanah

199. Rawan permalink
    May 19, 2012 8:47 am

Tr Krystal, You are the best.
    Rawan Ferwanah

200. Parent of AAK student permalink
    May 19, 2012 8:53 am

Awesome teacher and this is so deserved. Tr. Krystal is great!

201. Alicia permalink
    May 19, 2012 8:55 am

Great work tr. Krystal!

202. Charlie permalink
    May 19, 2012 8:58 am

Great work! Keep up the excellent work it’s already paid off for the students. You have made an incredible difference.

203. Lauren permalink
    May 19, 2012 9:00 am

Congrats! We are so proud of you. 🙂

204. Margo permalink
    May 19, 2012 9:02 am

I knew you could do it! You make such an incredible difference for those kids. So proud of your work. 🙂

205. Leslie permalink
    May 19, 2012 9:08 am

Super Work!!!

206. Erin permalink
    May 19, 2012 9:10 am

Thanks for your dedication and commitment to our children.

207. Julian permalink
    May 19, 2012 9:12 am

Congrats! Thanks for all you do.

208. Ashland permalink
    May 19, 2012 9:14 am

Great teacher

209. Regina permalink
    May 19, 2012 9:17 am

Congrats

210. BRYCE permalink
    May 18, 2012 8:06 pm

vote for tr.kystal no yes no yes no yes no yes no yes i can go on for ages no yes no yes no fiine i will vote for tr.krystal you are good like tr.krystal

211. brents permalink
    May 18, 2012 8:27 pm

212. mark permalink
    May 18, 2012 8:29 pm

you can win this

213. tina permalink
    May 18, 2012 8:32 pm

hope you win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

214. thad permalink
    May 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Krystal is an amazing teacher

215. david permalink
    May 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Congrats!

216. joey permalink
    May 18, 2012 8:39 pm

you can win aunt krystal love joey

217. teddy permalink
    May 18, 2012 8:52 pm

hope you win

218. Sarah qaddo permalink
    May 19, 2012 7:28 pm

I love you the best teacher ever I you aak’s people and i are blessed to have you as our teacher teaching aak an me you are awesome kind sweet nice helpful you taught me a lot of stuff such as learning and reading you are honest you deserve to be the teacher of the year you keep me happy and exited you never got me mad or sad vote for teacher Krystal as teach of the year you are the best teacher ever and in the world from: Sarah qaddo 2nd grade aak of Knoxville the best school in the world because teacher krystal made it the awesomest and because she is awesome and she made it awesome too to: tr. Krystal the awesomest teacher in the world and ever too love to you Sarah qaddo every-one should love you because you are awesome

Trackbacks

1. And the nominees for the QuickSchools Teacher of the Year 2012 award are…. « QuickSchools.com Blog
  2. Video post: Vote Krystal Watson for QuickSchools Teacher of the Year 2012! « QuickSchools.com Blog
  3. Guest post: Vote Krystal Watson for QuickSchools Teacher of the Year 2012! « QuickSchools.com Blog
  4. Guest post (2 videos): Vote Krystal Watson for QuickSchools Teacher of the Year 2012! « QuickSchools.com Blog
  5. Guest post (video): Vote Krystal Watson for QuickSchools Teacher of the Year 2012! « QuickSchools.com Blog
  6. Guest post (11 videos): Vote Krystal Watson for QuickSchools Teacher of the Year 2012! « QuickSchools.com Blog